As of Sunday, our future was uncertain. The housing market is at its bleakest. We had no idea when we'd be able to move, if we'd be forced to rent our house . . . We talked about lowering the price of the house again and I kind of stomped my size 7 1/2 and said "we've already lowered the price twice. I don't want to lower it any more than (insert amount)." By Monday afternoon, there was a possibility that our realtor would be showing our house on Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning at 10:00, the realtor showed the house to a single mother with a 4 year old daughter. The little girl's grandmother would also be living with them. Tuesday afternoon at 4:00, the grandmother came for her tour of the house. Wednesday morning at 11:00 we were sitting in the realtor's office with an offer in front of us for . . . you guessed it! . .. the exact amount I mentioned in my little foot stomping episode. Next time I think I'll give a little more thought to the amounts I blurt out! Who knows, we could have gotten a couple thousand extra! Thursday and today has been spent fluffing and patching and double checking outlets and roof shingles and all that stuff because today at 4:30 they come for the inspection. If all goes well, we'll be closing by (gasp) June 18. My husband is meeting tomorrow with a man who is interested in our business. I'm trying to decide whether I should don my red dress-up shoes and step up on my needlepoint stool and stomp my magic foot with the amount we really want/need for the business (plus a little extra for good measure) or if I should just randomy stomp and blurt out an amount before Tony goes to the meeting in the morning. Hey! It worked once, didn't it?!
Well then, It's always been assumed (yeah, I know what assume means) that because I work at home, on the computer, with a totally digital system that can be done from anywhere in the world that has high speed internet access that I'd have job security when we moved. So, I told the person I sub-contract through that we have a contract on the house and that we'd probably be moving within the next 30 days and asked if there was anything we needed to work out as far as logistics is concerned. WELL, she beat around the bush, she ran around Robinhood's barn, she passed the buck . . . . are you getting the picture here? . . . and the final word supposedly came from the administrator at the Dr's. office I transcribe for that due to (insert blah blah blah, BS)they are no longer able to allow anyone outside of our county area to transcribe for them. Translation - about 8 months ago the lady I subcontract through bought a new vehicle based on the amount of money she was making (and had been making for several years). About 6 months ago, one of her doctors left the practice and left her with a hole the size of 1/3 of her paycheck in her car payment fund. Do you see a little bit of a coincidence here? Uh huh, so do I.
So, for the first time in over 10 years, this golden girl is going to have to search for a job! In a new town/state/county! While living in a travel trailer and renovating our adopted house! (insert heavy sigh).
Bear with me. I'll probably be rambling more than usual over the next weeks. As of right now our future is uncertain . . .