Saturday, May 8, 2010

Twenty-two years ago tomorrow I stood at the back of the church after the service. It was Mother's Day - a hard day for me as I'd given up hope of ever being a mother. A little Jamaicain lady in the church came up to me and gave me a hug. She whispered in my ear "next year you will be spending Mother's Day with your son". I just nodded. She didn't understand. There was no way that was going to happen.


Twenty-one-years ago tomorrow at 8:31 AM I looked into the beautiful brown eyes of the most precious baby boy in the world. Twenty-one-years ago tomorrow, I spent Mother's Day with my son.

Happy twenty-first birthday Ryan Guy! You are the most wonderful gift a mother could ever hope for.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Now that's prophetic isn't it? Never underestimate the power of our Lord. Happy Mothers Day!

vintage girl at heart said...

Yes He is!
May you have a wonderful Mother's Day with your Hubby and an even bigger celebration in June with both of your men!!!!

sister sheri said...

How beautiful! Happy Mother's Day! Much love and prayers!

Adrienne said...

Oh my friend, I have such tears in my eyes. God has blessed you, as He has blessed me, with the joy of being a mother. My story is similar and I understand how precious this day we celebrate is to your heart.

Happy birthday to your dear son. And hugs for you!
~Adrienne~

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well that's just a beautiful remembrance, is it not? I've missed you, friend, and when I saw a comment labeled "Kentucky Bound" my heart skipped a beat. My folks are headed in that direction next week for Asbury Seminary's graduation! Wish I could come with them.

Happy Mother's Day. I had a similar experience with my 3rd child. God goes to great lengths to make sure that we're aware of his love and presence in our world. I pray for you more moments of sacred revelation while hanging out on the farm this week.

Love you~elaine