Sunday, March 30, 2008

BLESSINGS!

I had the most wonderful visit yesterday from my Junque Syster, Sharron and her girls. I had decided not too long ago that one of the battles I was chosing not to fight with all of my purging and packing was to have a yard sale. I just couldn't find the energy. So, before sending all the stuff off to one of the local thrift stores, I invited the girls out to pick through the boxes and take what they want. I don't know about them,but I had a great time. We were able to relax and talk. We had a little comedy side show when we introduced my little doxie Brigitte to the much smaller and much younger chihuahua Phoebe (aka Bebe). I found out that I was the lucky blogger to receive
a scrumpdilicious pound cake, fresh strawberries, whipped cream AND two of my favorite magazines!



You just don't get this kind of treatment at a yard sale!

I got to spend time with my "syster" and her girls. I had the honor of meeting Ms. Bebe and receiving some sweet puppy kisses. The girls had fun digging through the boxes and leaving with an armload of treasures. But, I think the best part of the whole day was the look on my sweet hubby's face when he walked into the kitchen and saw the sweet goodies sitting on the dining room table!

Instead of counting my yard sale dollars, I spent time last night counting my blessings. I certainly feel rich beyond measure!

Blessings y'all!

7 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Sounds delicious! Yard Sales are work...especially as a clergy family when we have to move and want to fill our sales with items we received from parishoners over the years! (Is that bad?!).

Anyway, when are you moving? I look forward to sharing the journey with you!

peace~elaine

sister sheri said...

Well, I was sure that I wasn't going to be the lucky recipient of that cake, but glad it went to you! What a great idea instead of a yard sale... what memories you made!

Rambles by Hay Hay said...

Thanks for all the great stuff, I am still trying to figure out where I will put that vintage school desk... I love visiting your house so much, it is alway so peacuful, quiet and full of great company! Enjoy your pound cake, it didn't last long at Sharron's house!

Adrienne said...

Sounds wonderful! That's the kind of blessings I love - friendship, time together and a chance to share. Check my blog tomorrow (Monday) to see my response to your recent tag. ~Adrienne~

vintage girl at heart said...

Thanks so much for having us to your sweet little nest and for the Junque Syster Swap!! The girls and I all had a meaningfull time as always and I have some wonderful photos to share with you!!! Glad Mr.T enjoyed the vittles... hope he is back to feelin' well soon!!!

Kathy said...

That sounds much better than sitting for hours at a yard sale.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Awww..you are just the most wonderful person- how sweet to recognize the blessings and then to share YOUR blessing with everyone else! You are a happy spirit!
Colleen