Monday, December 17, 2007

Ramblings . . .

You can tell the weather has finally (although temporarily) turned cold because:


1. I have exchanged my standard capris and t-shirt work ensemble for sweat pants and a long-sleeved henley and I have ressurected my favorite purple BUM hooded sweatshirt to wear when I walk the little dog.


2. Instead of my usual bare feet/flip-flop foot attire I'm wearing socks and my fuzzy red slippers to work in.


3. A hot, steamy mug of chai tea has replaced the glass of iced tea sitting on my desk next to my computer.


4. The couch is covered with a hodge podge of blankets because the big dog has decided that his twelve-and-a-half-year-old arthritic body feels much more comfortable on the couch than on his deluxe memory foam doggy bed.


5. The little dog has MUCH more energy than usual (yes it is possible for Brigi to be MORE energetic) and she's been snuggling just a little deeper beneath the blankets and pillows on whichever chair she decides is the most comfortable at the moment and it doesn't matter if it's already occupied. (Doxie Creed: If I can see it, it's mine!)


6. There will ineveitably be a slight power struggle to see whether MWHITW or I get to soak in a nice hot tub full of bubbles first (oops, sorry! Real men do not take bubble baths. The jets make the therapeutic sport mineral bath that is guaranteed to soak away your aches and pains foam up and it only looks like bubbles!). I think I'll let him go first since he's been working so hard out in the cold air all day.



I borrowed some inspiration from Kim at Cottage Life. She lined her kitchen cabinets with the most beautiful toille wallpaper and it looks so fresh and country and cottagey. (FYI - I plan to borrow a LOT of inspiration from Kim when it comes time to move). My cabinets were long overdue for new shelf paper so on a recent trip to Big Lots I found a roll of gingham check vinyl wallpaper. I guess the weather has given me a little more energy today too, because I started relining the cabinets and drawers. I had to quit part way through because the office had the odacity to send me work to do. What is done though, looks really great. Some of the plastic trim had broken off the front of the shelves, so I cut the paper with a pair of scalloped scissors, folded it down over the front of the shelf and voila! the shelves look as good as new. My only question is . . . why in the world didn't I think to do this two weeks ago while the bottom cabinets and drawers were emptied out for the new coutertops to be installed?????



Wow! Just as I was getting ready to start dinner (OK so I was pacing between the pantry and the freezer trying to figure out what in the world to fix for dinner tonight), my neighbor Theresa called and asked if we'd like some homemade veggie soup and some fresh rolls for dinner tonight. It took me all of a nanosecond to tell her that would be wonderful! So, when MWHITW gets home, he'll have a nice hot dinner waiting for him and I didn't have to lift a finger.




Pictorial dictionary: CONTENTMENT


2 comments:

vintage girl at heart said...

Mr Buck sure looks comfy!!! And that soup and bread sounded so yummy!!! Wonderful neighbors!!! Maybe next year we will have a White Christmas!!!!

vintage girl at heart said...

okay between my blog and yours and all of the wonderful links you send my way.... i am thinkin' we need a BAA Meeting and soon!!! I will have to earn my first "chip" and fast!!!
VGAT,BAA CEO,HMBIC